Linear, dsDNA genome of about 2,473kb that encodes potentially for 2556 ORFs.
NUCLEO-CYTOPLASMIC Replication cycle lasts 10-15 hours.
- Virion binds to host cell and enters into host cell by phagocytosis
- Fusion of viral envelope with cellular membrane at virion apical pore, inducing the release of viral DNA into host cytoplasm.
- Host cell nucleus shrinks, indicating possible degradation of host chromosomes.
- Synthesis of early proteins.
- Replication of genomic DNA.
- Late proteins synthesis, assembly of new virions in the cytoplasmic factories
- Cell lysis and virion release in the extracellular space.