Enveloped virion of which the membrane is surrounded by a capsid with an icosahedral symmetry (T=169), 100-220 nm in diameter. Dense material are present at each 5-fold symmetry vertex. Coccolithovirus have an outer membrane
Linear, dsDNA genome of 100-560 kb with crosslinked hairpin ends. PBCV-1 genome encode for approximately 700 ORFs.
- Virus attaches to host receptors , inducing release of viral genome into the cell.
- Migration of the DNA core to the nucleus?
- Synthesis of early proteins.
- Replication of genomic DNA.
- Late proteins synthesis, assembly of new virions in the cytoplasm
- Cell lysis and virion release in the extracellular space.