Non-enveloped, probably T=3 icosahedral particles .
Monopartite, linear, ssRNA(+) genome of 4652 bp showing a close relationship to poleroviruses within the first three quarters of its genome but to sobemoviruses in the last quarter. The 3’ terminus has neither a polyA tract nor a tRNA-like structure. The 5’ terminus probably has a genome-linked protein (VPg).
There are a total of four potential ORFs.
- Virus penetrates into the host cell.
- Uncoating, and release of the viral genomic RNA into the cytoplasm.
- The viral RNA ORF2 and ORF3 are translated to produce the RdRp fusion protein and the VPg protein.
- Replication takes place in cytoplasmic viral factories. A dsRNA genome is synthesized from the genomic ssRNA(+).
- The dsRNA genome is transcribed/replicated thereby providing viral mRNAs/new ssRNA(+) genomes.
- Expression of the subgenomic RNAs (sgRNAs) yields the capsid.
- Capsid assembly and formation of new virus particles.