Minichromosome synthesis (rcDNA repair)
From rcDNA to cccDNA
The formation of the cccDNA from the rcDNA is incompletely understood, but several steps are essential for the synthesis:
- The removal of the polymerase covalently attached to the 5' end of the negative strand.
- The removal of the primer from the 5' plus strand.
- The removal of the short redundancy region r from the minus strand.
- Fill in gaps in the positive strand
- Fill in gaps at the ends of both strands which must be ligated to yield closed circles (Nassal 2008) Rating=Review