Non-enveloped, 25-30 nm in diameter, T=pseudo3 icosahedral capsid.
Bipartite linear ssRNA(+) genome of 7 kb for RNA1 and 3.3 kb for RNA2. The 3'terminus is polyadenylated.
The virion RNA are infectious and serves as both the genome and viral messenger RNA. Both RNA encode a single polyprotein which is processed to yield the mature proteins.
- Virus penetrates into the cell.
- Uncoating, and release of the viral genomic RNA into the cytoplasm.
- Synthesis and proteolytic cleavage of the replicase polyprotein RNA-1.
- Replication occurs in viral factories made of membrane vesicles derived from the ER. A dsRNA genome is synthesized from the genomic ssRNA(+).
- The dsRNA genome is transcribed/replicated thereby providing viral mRNAs/new ssRNA(+) genomes.
- Assembly of new virus particles.
- Movement protein allows cell-to-cell movement.