Not yet observed (Oct_2018). May be capsidless.
Linear ssRNA(+) genome of 6 to8 kb in size. The 5' end may possibly be capped and 3' terminus is polyadenylated. Encodes for 4 to 5 ORFs.
The virion RNA is infectious and serves as both the genome and viral messenger RNA. RNA-dependent RNA polymerase (RdRp) is translated directly from the genomic RNA by readthrough of a ‘leaky’ stop codon between the helicase and RdRp regions.
- Virus penetrates into the host cell.
- Release of the viral genomic RNA into the cytoplasm.
- The viral RNA is translated as a monocistronic mRNA to produce the RdRp (encoded by the 5'-proximal ORF).
- Replication occurs in viral factories. A dsRNA genome is synthesized from the genomic ssRNA(+).
- The dsRNA genome is transcribed/replicated thereby providing viral mRNAs/new ssRNA(+) genomes.
- Internal subgenomic promoter lean to to transcribe the sgRNA.