Non-enveloped, rod-shaped, rigid, with three tail fibers at either end.
Linear dsDNA genome of 32-35 kb. At both ends, there are inverted terminal repeats as well as seven direct repeats. The two strands of the linear genomes are covalently linked.
The genome encodes 45 to 54 ORFs.
- Adsorption: the phage attaches to target cell
- Injection: viral DNA is injected in host cell cytoplasm
- Transcription and translation of early genes
- Replication of genomic DNA
- Transcription and translation of late genes
- Genomic DNA is packaged in new virions
- Mature virions are released from the cell by budding