Enveloped, lemon-shaped, with short tail fibers attached to one pole. The virion is about 60 nm in diameter and 100 nm in length.
Circular, supercoiled dsDNA genome of 14.8 to 17.3kb, encodes for 31 to 37 genes.
Genomic DNA is specifically integrated into a tRNA gene of the host chromosome.
- Adsorption: the phage attaches to target cell
- Injection: viral DNA is injected in host cell cytoplasm
- Viral genome is integrated into a tRNA gene of host chromosome
- Transcription and traduction of early genes
- Replication of genomic DNA
- Transcription and traduction of late genes
- Genomic DNA is packaged in new virions
- Mature virions are released from the cell by budding