Nonenveloped, head-tail structure. Head is about 60-65 nm in diameter. The tail is non-contractile, has 6 prominent tail spikes.
Linear, dsDNA genome of about 42 kb encoding for 49 genes.
- Adsorption: the phage attaches to target cell through its tail fibers.
- Injection: viral DNA is injected in host cell periplasm
- Transcription and traduction of early genes
- Replication of genomic DNA
- Transcription and traduction of late genes
- Assembly of new virions in host cell cytoplasm
- Mature virions are released from the cell by lysis