Enveloped, lemon-shaped (Alphafusellovirus) to pleomorphic (Betafusellovirus), with short tail fibers attached to one pole. The virion is about 60 nm in diameter and 100-250 nm in length.
Circular, supercoiled dsDNA genome of 14.8 to 17.3kb, encodes for 31 to 37 genes.
Genomic DNA is specifically integrated into a tRNA gene of the host chromosome.
- Adsorption: the phage attaches to target cell
- Injection: viral DNA is injected in host cell cytoplasm
- Viral genome is integrated into a tRNA gene of host chromosome
- Transcription and translation of early genes
- Replication of genomic DNA
- Transcription and translation of late genes
- Genomic DNA is packaged in new virions
- Mature virions are released from the cell by budding