Non-enveloped, head-tail structure. The icosahedral head is about 58 nm in diameter. The non-contractile tail is about 145 nm in length and 11 nm in width, it is terminated by a single tail fiber.
Linear dsDNA genome of 37 kb, containing about 53 genes.
- Adsorption: The phage attaches to target cell adhesion receptors through its tail fibers.
- Ejection of the viral DNA into host cell cytoplasm by long flexible tail ejection system.
- Transcription and translation of early genes.
- Replication of genomic DNA.
- Transcription and translation of late genes
- Assembly of an empty procapsid and packaging of the genome.
- Viral tail fiber assembly and viral tail assembly.
- Mature virions are released from the cell by lysis.