Non-enveloped, head-tail structure. The prolate head is about 145 nm x 44 nm and the tail 13 nm x 8 nm, with short, possibly kinked tail fibers folded on the tail.
Linear, dsDNA genome of about 77 kb encoding for 128 genes.
- Adsorption: the phage attaches to the target cell through its tail fibers.
- Ejection of the viral DNA into host cell cytoplasm.
- Transcription and translation of early genes.
- Replication of genomic DNA. Transcription and translation of late genes.
- Assembly of an empty procapsid and packaging of the genome.
- Viral tail fibers assembly and viral tail assembly.
- Mature virions are released from the cell by lysis.