Linear ssRNA(+) genome of about 5.5 kb. Encodes at least a capsid protein and a RNA-dependent RNA polymerase.
The virion RNA is infectious and serves as both the genome and viral messenger RNA.
- RNA-directed RNA polymerase [RdRp":https://www.uniprot.org/uniprotkb/A0A1L3KGN5]
- Virus penetrates into the host cell.
- Uncoating, and release of the viral genomic RNA into the cytoplasm.
- The viral RNA is translated to produce the RdRp protein.
- Replication takes place in cytoplasmic viral factories. A dsRNA genome is synthesized from the genomic ssRNA(+).
- The dsRNA genome is transcribed/replicated thereby providing viral mRNAs/new ssRNA(+) genomes.
- Translation of the capsid protein.
- Virus assembly in the cytoplasm .
- Release of infectious particles (lysis?).