Non-enveloped, head-tail structure. The prolate head is about 72 by 51 nm. Tail length is about 145 nm.
Linear, dsDNA genome of about 60 kb, containing about 77 genes.
- Adsorption: The phage attaches to target cell adhesion receptors through its tail fibers.
- Ejection of the viral DNA into host cell cytoplasm by long flexible tail ejection system.
- DNA genome is circularized or integrated into host chromosome
- Transcription and translation of early genes
- Replication of genomic DNA.
- Transcription and translation of late genes
- Assembly of an empty procapsid and packaging of the genome.
- Viral tail fiber assembly and viral tail assembly.
- Mature virions are released from the cell by lysis.