Unknown (2022), discovered using viral metagenomics. Most likely T=1 icosahedric capsid.
Monopartite, circular, ssDNA genome of 3.0kb.
Encodes for three proteins. The encapsidated viral DNA and the complementary DNA of the replicative intermediate encode two mRNAs for the Rep and capsid+ORF3 proteins.
- Virus penetrates into the host cell.
- Uncoating, the viral ssDNA genome penetrates into the nucleus.
- Viral ssDNA is converted into dsDNA with the participation of cellular factors. dsDNA transcription gives rise to viral mRNAs.
- Viral mRNAs are translated to produce viral proteins.
- Replication may be mediated by a Rep protein, and would occur by rolling circle producing ssDNA genomes.
- These newly synthesized ssDNA can either
a) be converted to dsDNA and serve as a template for transcription/replication
b) be encapsidated by capsid protein and form virions released by cell lysis.