Enveloped virion of which the membrane is surrounded by a capsid with an icosahedral symmetry (T=169), 100-220 nm in diameter. Dense material are present at each 5-fold symmetry vertex. Coccolithovirus have an outer membrane
Linear, dsDNA genome of 100-560 kb with crosslinked hairpin ends. PBCV-1 genome encode for approximately 700 ORFs.
- DNA-directed DNA polymerase family B [A188aR]
- Cell-type capping
- Protease (Peptidase S74) [A540L]
- Protease (Peptidase G2) [Fr5L_185R]
- Intein (Peptidase N10) [DNA pol]
- Ribonucleoside-diphosphate reductase
- Virus attaches to host receptors , inducing release of viral genome into the cell.
- Migration of the DNA core to the nucleus?
- The viral genome can enter latency by integrating in host chromosome.
- Synthesis of early proteins.
- Replication of genomic DNA.
- Late proteins synthesis, assembly of new virions in the cytoplasm
- Cell lysis and virion release in the extracellular space.