Enveloped, rod-shaped virion of about 900 nm long and 30 nm in diameter. Genomic DNA is packaged into a helical core.
Linear dsDNA genome of 36.17 kb with 337bp-long terminal inverted repeats (SFV1). Encodes for 66 predicted ORFS.
The genome is organized in operons.
- Adsorption: the phage attaches to target cell
- Injection: viral DNA is injected in host cell cytoplasm
- Transcription and translation of early genes
- Replication of genomic DNA
- Transcription and translation of late genes
- Genomic DNA is packaged in new virions
- Mature virions are released from the cell