Rod-shaped, enveloped virions that measure 65-100 x 550-1000 nm with an inner, 50 nm diameter nucleocapsid containing a DNA-protein core.
Circular, dsDNA genome of about 120-190 kb with 108-160 putative non-overlapping ORFs that are almost equally distributed over both DNA strands.
Codes for 108-160 open reading frames.
- Virus attachment to host receptors and internalization.
- Fusion of virus membrane with the vesicle membrane occurs; DNA genome is released into the nucleus.
- Transcription of viral genes, replication of the DNA genome in the nucleus.
- Assembly of new virions in the nucleus.
- Virions bud from the cell membrane.