Non-enveloped, head-tail structure. The head is about 55 nm in diameter. Tail is 210 nm in length and 10 nm in width, with a terminal knob.
Linear, dsDNA genome of about 30 kb, circularly permuted and terminally redundant.
- Adsorption: The phage attaches to target cell adhesion receptors through its tail fibers.
- Ejection of the viral DNA into host cell cytoplasm by long flexible tail ejection system.
- Transcription and translation of early genes.
- Replication of genomic DNA.
- Transcription and translation of late genes
- Assembly of an empty procapsid and packaging of the genome.
- Viral tail fiber assembly and viral tail assembly.
- Mature virions are released from the cell by lysis.