Double-enveloped virion. The inner membrane is surrounded by a capsid with an icosahedral symmetry (T=169), 100-220 nm in diameter. Dense material are present at each 5-fold symmetry vertex
Source: Van Etten 2003 (Pubmed), Mackinder et al (Pubmed)
Linear, dsDNA genome of 410-415 kb with crosslinked hairpin ends. EhV-86 genome encodes about 472 proteins.
- DNA-directed DNA polymerase
- Cell-type capping
- Protease (Peptidase S74)
- Ribonucleoside-diphosphate reductase
- Virus attaches to host receptors , inducing release of viral genome into the cell.
- Migration of the DNA core to the nucleus?
- Synthesis of early proteins.
- Replication of genomic DNA..
- Late proteins synthesis, assembly of new virions in the cytoplasm
- Virion budding and release in the extracellular space.