Enveloped virion of which the membrane is surrounded by a capsid with an icosahedral symmetry (T=169), 120-150 nm in diameter. Dense material are present at each 5-fold symmetry vertex
Source: Van Etten 2003 (Pubmed )
Linear, dsDNA genome of 150-350 kb with crosslinked hairpin ends.
- Virus attaches to host receptors , inducing release of viral genome into the cell.
- Migration of the DNA core to the nucleus?
- The viral genome can enter latency by integrating in host chromosome.
- Synthesis of early proteins.
- Replication of genomic DNA..
- Late proteins synthesis, assembly of new virions in the cytoplasm
- Cell lysis and virion release in the extracellular space.