Non-enveloped, head-tail structure. The prolate head is about 100 nm in length and 45 nm in width. The tail is about 370 nm in length.
Linear, dsDNA genome of about 43 kb, containing about 67 genes.
- Adsorption: The phage attaches to target cell adhesion receptors through its tail fibers.
- Ejection of the viral DNA into host cell cytoplasm by long flexible tail ejection system.
- Transcription and translation of early genes.
- Replication of genomic DNA.
- Transcription and translation of late genes
- Assembly of an empty procapsid and packaging of the genome.
- Viral tail fibers assembly and viral tail assembly.
- Mature virions are released from the cell by lysis.