Satellite virus: infection requires host cell to be co-infected with Macrobrachium rosenbergiinodavirus (MrNV)
Monopartite, linear, ssRNA(+) genome of 0,8 kb in size. 3' terminus has a short poly (A) tract. Encodes two capsid proteins CP-17 and CP-16.
The virion RNA is infectious and serves as both the genome and viral messenger RNA.
- Attachement to host receptors mediates entry into the host cell.
- Uncoating, and release of the viral genomic RNA into the cytoplasm.
- Viral RNA is translated in a polyprotein to produce replication proteins.
- Replication by helper virus occurs in viral factories made of membrane vesicles derived from the ER. A dsRNA genome is synthesized from the genomic ssRNA(+).
- The dsRNA genome is transcribed/replicated thereby providing viral mRNAs/new ssRNA(+) genomes.
- Expression of the capsid proteins.
- Assembly of new virus particles.
- Virus release.