Satellite virus: The virus needs a helper virus for viral replication. Infection requires host cell to be co-infected with a virus from the genus Alphanecrovirus or Betanecrovirus, family Tombusviridae.
Linear, ssRNA(+) genome of 1.2 kb, which lacks a cap structure and a poly(A)tail.
The virion RNA is infectious and serves as both the genome and viral messenger RNA. Encodes one capsid protein.
- Virus penetrates into the host cell.
- Uncoating, and release of the viral genomic RNA into the cytoplasm.
- The viral RNA is translated to produce the capsid protein.
- Replication takes place in cytoplasmic viral factories. A dsRNA genome is synthesized from the genomic ssRNA(+).
- The dsRNA genome is transcribed/replicated thereby providing viral mRNAs/new ssRNA(+) genomes.
- Virus assembly.
- Virus release.