Non-enveloped, flexuous, filamentous, of 760nm lengths x 12-15 nm in diameter with helical symmetry.
Monopartite, linear, ssRNA(+) genome about 8.3kb in size. 3' terminus has a poly (A) tract. 5' terminus has a genome-linked protein (VPg).
The virion RNA is infectious and serves as both the genome and viral messenger RNA. The genomic RNA is translated into polyprotein subsequently processed into functional products.
- Virus penetrates into the host cell.
- Uncoating, and release of the viral genomic RNA into the cytoplasm.
- The viral RNA is translated to produce a polyprotein which is into the RdRp protein and structural proteins.
- Replication takes place in cytoplasmic viral factories. A dsRNA genome is synthesized from the genomic ssRNA(+).
- The dsRNA genome is transcribed/replicated thereby providing viral mRNAs/new ssRNA(+) genomes.
- Virus assembly in the cytoplasm.
- Viral movement protein P3N-PIPO probably mediates virion cell-to-cell transfer.