Presumably non-enveloped, T=pseudo3 icosahedral capsid, about 25nm in diameter and composed of 60 trimers of VP1-VP2-VP3 proteins.
Monopartite, linear ssRNA(+) genome about 8.8 kb in size.
The virion RNA is infectious and serves as both the genome and viral messenger RNA. Encodes for two open reading frames.
- Virus penetrates into the host cell.
- Uncoating, and release of the viral genomic RNA into the cytoplasm possibly through the formation of a pore in the host cell membrane.
- Synthesis and proteolytic cleavage of the polyprotein.
- Replication occurs in viral factories. A dsRNA genome is synthesized from the genomic ssRNA(+).
- The dsRNA genome is transcribed/replicated thereby providing viral mRNAs/new ssRNA(+) genomes.
- Assembly of new virions.
- Virus release.